Wednesday, January 11, 2012

weekend beauty... drugstore vs. department store moisturizers



This week is my oldest Mookie's 6th Birthday!! Can you believe it? I cannot. He is having a bike party at the park with 16 of his friends. I cannot wait to share all the details.
In the meantime, remember my trial run of drugstore moisturizers?
well the results are in!
now lets review. i have really really dry skin. so dry i have been known to wake up at night and reapply moisturizer because my skin itches...

Okay so I have loved me some Boots in the past so i started there...


 
Nope. Not even close. Threw the $4.99 jar away and didn't look back.

 
yes. yes. i like it. i love the smell. have been using it ever since. will i continue to? probably not because there are things i like better but in a pinch. this was good.


Generally I do not like creme cleansers because they don't remove make up very well. This did a good job of make up removal, not great on the eyeliner but good with a little wash cloth wipe. The great thing though it was so gentle and left my skin REALLY soft. Its a keeper!

one of my all time favorites...

but let me warn you. it is greasy... and i love it! great under make up? no. goes on smoothly? not really. smells amazing? check.  super moisturizer double check! natural? you bet. it still wins for me.

so i know its not drugstore but i even tried this and....
 

it was terrible. i even got the one for very dry skin. the boots was way better.


so how did my experiment go? not great. i will be honest. BUT i think that is because my skin is so dry it really does call for something heavy duty.
so with that said. i will be returning to my old ways which includes any combination of the following items...

kate somerville quench serum

from my dermatologist
 
love it at night time. makes my skin more even, more moisturized and at $35 its a steal!

This eye cream is to die for  http://www.isclinical.com/


I remain a very loyal Kiehl's girl...
This body moisturizer was gifted to me by my BFF and fellow beauty product junkie...
it is truly so yummy. so luxurious. so moisturizing. dry skin remedy perfection in a jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me your thoughts...